MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 30, 2018 – ABBYY® a leading provider of content intelligence solutions and services, today announced FineReader 14 now has added support for the latest PDF ISO standard and improved functionality to create PDF/UA (Universal Accessibility) documents. Along with improved optical character recognition (OCR) for Japanese and added Hanja symbols for documents in Korean, FineReader 14 is a more powerful PDF productivity tool for global organizations needing to offer digital information easily accessible to the public.
“FineReader delivers a wide range of tools for PDF viewing, editing, commenting and conversion workflows, powered by highly accurate OCR capabilities, which makes it the ideal PDF tool for business use,” stated Slavena Hristova, Director of Product Marketing, FineReader at ABBYY. “The latest update is especially relevant for government and public sector organizations that need to meet accessibility regulations that ensure digital content, such as public services and cultural heritage, is equally available to people with disabilities.”
Benefits of expanded support for more PDF ISO standards include:
- Alongside earlier specifications of PDF 1.7 (ISO 32000-1), FineReader 14 now supports opening and viewing of PDF version 2.0 documents, which follow the specifications of the latest ISO standard 32000-2.
- In addition to the previously supported PDF/A document format for long-term archiving purposes, FineReader 14 now supports creation and opening of PDF documents, which comply with the PDF/UA (ISO 14289) sub-standard of PDF.
- PDF/UA enables users with disabilities to easier navigate through the content of PDF documents using assistive technologies.
- Helps organizations meet global standards for accessibility such as the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities; the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title II; the European Accessibility Act, Directive (EU) 2016/2102 and provide inclusive services to the public.
ABBYY FineReader 14 is currently available worldwide in the Standard and Corporate editions. It can be purchased worldwide through trusted resellers or the ABBYY online shop. All customers currently using ABBYY FineReader 14 can update their software for free through automatic updates or through the Help > Check for updates menu in their software. A free trial of FineReader 14 is available. For detailed product information and available versions, visit www.abbyy.com/finereader.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Ingram Micro Making Significant Investments in Building Out Cyber Security Solutions Offerings Throughout EMEA - February 15, 2019
- Imprivata Introduces Innovative, Proximity-Based Security Solution to Protect PHI on Shared Workstations - February 13, 2019
- HID Global Drives the Healthcare IoT with Location Services Platform - February 12, 2019