FREMONT, Calif. – (March 7, 2018)— Foxit Software, a leading software provider of fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions, today announced the release of a PDF Compressor Command Line Tool specifically developed for organizations that use Linux. The new solution allows Linux shops to automate their paper to digital document conversion process through the creation of highly compressed and searchable PDF/A compliant files.
Foxit’s PDF Compressor is designed to apply advanced image compression to scanned documents, reducing file size so they are easier to share and transmit, more accessible, searchable, and easier to process on a large-scale basis. With best in class optical character recognition (OCR) and dramatic file compression, the solution not only integrates with existing workflows, but also improves them by producing significantly more manageable files. This allows organizations to spend less time managing their digital files and more time on value-producing tasks.
“We are excited that organizations using Linux servers will now be able to enjoy all the benefits of Foxit’s industry-best PDF Compressor,” said Gert Michiels, Director of Product Management for PDF Server products at Foxit Europe. “We have been long standing supporters of Linux, and that matched with a strong demand from PDF Compression customers made this roll-out a no-brainer.”
The PDF Compressor leverages the award-winning mixed raster content (MRC) layer-based compression technology that compresses with ratios of 1:100 or better. Outstanding image quality and text legibility are preserved, while storage costs and bandwidth requirements are drastically reduced. The lossless MRC process reduces the file size by a ratio of up to 100: 1 or more without affecting the quality of the document. In addition, the documents are read out using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and are thus available in a full text searchable PDF format.
Additional benefits of Foxit’s PDF Compressor include:
- Mass-processing and scalability – The PDF Compressor is flexible enough to meet almost any document management need. For years, the PDF Compressor has been successfully processing everything from occasional jobs to huge numbers of documents utilizing automated, high-volume processing capabilities.
- Integrated OCR solution – Integrated ABBYY OCR technology allows full text searching for all PDF and PDF/A files.
- Standardization – The PDF Compressor produces standardized PDF/A. This makes the software fully interoperable with other products and the files completely independent of any single developer.
- Technological partnerships – The PDF Compressor integrates the world’s best technology to complete its document and data solutions.
For more information on Foxit’s PDF Compressor, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-compressor/
About Foxit Software
Foxit is a leading software provider of fast, affordable, and secure PDF solutions. Foxit addresses the needs of three distinct market segments. For End-User Productivity, Foxit delivers easy to use desktop software, mobile apps, and cloud services to make knowledge workers more productive. ConnectedPDF deliversleading edge technology that powers document management, security, and collaboration services for PDF files. For Enterprise Automation, Foxit provides server software for large scale PDF document management and data capture. Foxit’s Developer Solutions enable developers to incorporate powerful PDF technology into their applications.
Foxit has over 475 million users and has sold to over 100,000 customers located in more than 200 countries. The company has offices all over the world, including locations in the US, Asia, Europe, and Australia. For more information, please visit https://www.foxitsoftware.com
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Creating IT Futures Doubles Free IT Training and Career Program for Adults - January 17, 2019
- Ingram Micro Expands Onsite Service Availability - January 17, 2019
- KnowledgeLake Inc. Acquires RPA Technology Company RatchetSoft - January 17, 2019