SUNNYVALE, CA, May 22, 2017 – Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced the availability of the FUJITSU Document Scanners fi-7600 and fi-7700. These next generation production-level scanning solutions offer intelligent features and functionality, flexible and adjustable design, and fast speeds, resulting in higher scanning throughput.
The new Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700 scanners feature enhancements designed to increase efficiency, including ultra-fast scanning speeds of 100 ppm/200 ipm at 300 dpi (letter landscape, color, grayscale, monochrome), improved start-up and wake times, and larger paper chute capacity of up to 300 sheets. The new scanners also incorporate unique automation and time-saving tools including:
- Flexible Design: The Fujitsu fi-7600 is equipped with easy alignment guides on the automatic document feeder (ADF) and LED control panels on both sides to fit any workspace. With production-class automatic feeding and a large flatbed, the fi-7700 is the best of both worlds.
- Scanning Versatility: Engineered to make great feeding even better, the straight paper-path allows the scanning of a wider range of thick documents and assures consistent scanning regardless of the condition or type.
- Improved Document Collection and Stacking: Independent side guides reduce time and effort post-scan by easily aligning the edges of the documents after exiting the scanner resulting in less operator intervention. Even when scanning with the flatbed, thick, fragile, or bound documents can still be scanned efficiently and consecutively by keeping the cover open, resulting in a smooth document flow.
- Advanced Controls: The adjustable, easy-to-read, interactive LED panels provide quick access to advanced scanning features such as paper protection, batch counts, intelligent multi-feed function settings, and power savings, allowing users to get more out of their scanner, faster than ever before.
- “Skew Reducer” and Paper Protection: The scanners’ “skew reducer” functionality improves paper feeding by detecting alignment issues and physically correcting paper skews to ensure full data capture. Additionally, the risk of document damage is reduced with the capability to detect document length and abnormalities in the sound of the paper passing through.
Image Enhancement and Document Capture Software
The Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700 come with enhanced image processing and productivity software: PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS, PaperStream Capture, and Scanner Central Admin, provide users powerful and easy-to-use image enhancement and document management tools. Organizations looking for a more robust capture solution can upgrade to PaperStream Capture Pro for added features and greater automation.
Fujitsu in-box software offers:
- High Quality Image Processing with PaperStream IP: PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS is an intelligent image correction solution that automatically converts documents into exceptionally clean images.
- Enhanced Scanning with PaperStream Capture: PaperStream Capture reduces training time and increases productivity with quick and easy batch scanning, using barcodes and patch codes to separate batches and improve document organization.
- Scanner Fleet Monitoring and Management with Scanner Central Admin: Scanner Central Admin significantly reduces the cost and effort of fi Series fleet installation and maintenance by allowing administrators to monitor scanner status, perform updates, migrate settings, manage users, and much more.
“With over 20 new features and enhancements, the fi-7600 and fi-7700 add more value, more speed, and more throughput to our successful Low Volume Production line. The combination of superior image quality and high performance capabilities make these scanners the perfect reliable solution for back-office scanning needs,” said Scott Francis, SVP of Product Management, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Their best-in-class scanning speeds, flexible design and thoughtful new features make the fi-7600 and fi-7700 scanners unmatched in functionality and versatility in any office environment.”
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700 are available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors including Ingram Micro, NewWave Technologies, Inc., and Tech Data Corporation. Fujitsu has priced the high performance production scanners as follows:
- The Fujitsu fi-7600: $5,995 (U.S. List)
- The Fujitsu fi-7700: $7,995 (U.S. List)
Service Options for the FUJITSU Document Scanners fi-7600 and fi-7700
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry, now available for the Fujitsu fi-7600 and fi-7700. Onsite and preventative maintenance service programs fit any budget or response time needed. Generous trade-in programs, multi-vendor service, and co-term options are also available, providing for convenient coverage of the entire scan fleet.
For more information about Fujitsu services please contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or Service Sales at 1-800-301-9475.
Stay on top of the latest industry news. Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to email@example.com.