LEXINGTON, Ky., Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Lexmark International, Inc., a global imaging solutions leader, today announced the availability of Lexmark In-Store Capture for Retail, a solution designed to speed inefficient paper-based processes, keeping store associates on the sales floor interacting with customers.
Lexmark In-Store Capture helps retailers leverage their multifunction printer (MFP) fleet to simplify and speed up error-prone and inefficient paper-based processes across their stores, such as onboarding, invoicing, receiving and incident reporting.
“While behind the scenes paperwork is not the store associate’s job, a number of necessary in-store tasks take their attention away from customers,” said Matthew Dollus, Lexmark vice president, global industry solutions. “We developed Lexmark In-Store Capture specifically to help retailers minimize time spent on paperwork and empower associates to focus on first-class customer service on the sales floor.”
“In-Store Capture happens at the MFP and touchscreen interface and is as simple as using an app on a mobile device,” Dollus explained. “The app walks users through the capture and routing process. Changes and additions can be managed at headquarters and pushed out to all managed MFPs instantly.”
The solution can identify all documents required for a new hire, incidents or shipments and present a list of missing documents allowing the store employee to scan missing documents as they are received. Direct integration with most store and back-end retail systems makes Lexmark In-Store Capture an enterprise-ready solution.
Based on 25 years of experience working with retailers, including eight of the 10 top global retailers, Lexmark In-Store Capture bridges the gaps between paper-based processes and their digital systems in human resources, invoicing, receiving and incident management:
- Onboarding: Each store can scan printed documents from a new hire onboarding packet to a central location, giving HR a more comprehensive view of onboarding activities and eliminating paper-based confidential information at the store.
- Invoices: Stores can instantly send invoices to the appropriate approver—no more waiting for packets through the mail to process invoices. Digitizing this process also eliminates the need for outsourced data entry, reducing time to process and associated cost.
- Receiving: Stores can easily track all receiving documentation, providing temporary storage until resolution as well as the ability to pass the information to an enterprise storage system.
- Incidents: The solution provides a temporary storage space for incident-related documents, notes, photos and other items, which holds the collection of information until it is transferred to headquarters.
“Retailers continually face new challenges and consequently, Lexmark is continually developing new solutions to help them succeed,” said Allen Waugerman, Lexmark senior vice president and chief technology officer. “Lexmark In-Store Capture is the latest addition to our retail solutions offering that helps customers more effectively manage signage, processes and printing.”
The Lexmark In-Store Capture solution is available via Lexmark authorized resellers or can be purchased directly from Lexmark.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Alfresco Announces Updates to Digital Business Platform - November 15, 2018
- Access Joins Kronos Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program with its CartaHR Employee Document Management Software - November 15, 2018
- Kofax Advances Enterprise-Wide Deployment of Next-Generation Robotic Process Automation - November 14, 2018