Burlington, Mass. — Nuance Communications, Inc. announced a suite of workflows designed to increase productivity, enhance organizational efficiency and drive document security to aid in the management of information for healthcare organizations. Utilizing these workflows, healthcare organizations can drive better patient care, increase billing accuracy and timeliness, enhance EHR documentation accuracy, increase referrals and drive compliance with HIPAA and other regulations.
Utilizing Nuance solutions, healthcare organizations can dramatically improve the effectiveness, security and efficiency of workflows, such as, but not limited to:
Patient onboarding and discharge – Many hospitals strive for paperless or “paper-light” environments. Yet organizations that have achieved late-stage Meaningful Use still process and print high volumes of clinical and financial documents every day. Each step in the process may create opportunities to lessen data integrity or create security issues. By integrating documentation workflows with an organization’s Electronic Health Records management systems, the EHR Patient Onboarding and Discharge Workflow delivers:
- Simplified EHR print management,
- A secure and compliant environment for paper-based clinical documentation process, and
- An improved patient care experience through faster delivery and more complete clinical documentation.
Outpatient documentation – Outpatient and clinical departments can create challenges for documenting a patient’s complete history. Patients arrive at the clinic or hospital with personal, referral and possible on-scene accident and in-route treatment documentation – all of these documents have to be coordinated and added to the patients Electronic Health Record – a complicated and time-consuming effort. With the Outpatient Document Management Workflow, organizations can:
- Reduce time spent reconciling patient documentation and increase time spent with patients,
- Increase billing accuracy and timeliness, and
- Increase accuracy of the patient Electronic Health Record.
Secure and compliant printing – Individuals, organizations, and agencies that meet the definition of a covered entity under HIPAA must comply with the rules and requirements to protect the privacy and security of protected health information – and must provide individuals with certain rights with respect to their health information. To assist organizations with their compliance with regulations governing the protection of patient information in their printing environment, the Secure and Compliant Print Workflow:
- Assists in creating and managing secure and compliant healthcare workflows,
- Enforces secure sign on to device with mobile business connect, and
- Tracks and reports workflow usage.
“To provide the best patient care and services, healthcare organizations must create, process and manage timely, accurate, and even lifesaving information, while meeting HIPAA requirements for protecting patient information,” said Chris Strammiello, vice president of global alliances and strategic marketing, Nuance Document Imaging. “Too many workflows at these organizations rely on manual processes that create data bottlenecks and degrade data integrity. Driving better workflows enables organizations to deliver better patient care and improve the patient experience, while driving processes that secure information and support strategic organizational initiatives.”
For more information about document workflow solutions from Nuance, visit Nuance document management solutions for healthcare.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Alfresco Announces Updates to Digital Business Platform - November 15, 2018
- Access Joins Kronos Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program with its CartaHR Employee Document Management Software - November 15, 2018
- Kofax Advances Enterprise-Wide Deployment of Next-Generation Robotic Process Automation - November 14, 2018