BURLINGTON, Mass., – February 23, 2017 – Nuance Communications, Inc. today announced that its Proactive Engagement solutions are powering natural and intuitive conversations with over 160 million consumers, across their channel of choice, utilizing natural language understanding (NLU) and artificial intelligence (AI).
Hundreds of organizations have leveraged Nuance’s proactive engagement solutions, including the newly launched Conversational Text, to provide important information or reminders to consumers through interactive voice, push notifications, two-way text, and email.
In today’s digital world, consumers want and need reminders and notifications that allow them to quickly take action– confirm an appointment, order a product, or solve a problem. As consumers increasingly count on smart devices to act as their outsourced memories, they now expect reminders from organizations to help them remember critical events. Recent trends and consumer expectations make it clear that businesses need to modernize the way they reach and engage their consumers to deliver the right message on the right channel at the right time, including:
- 90% of consumers are more likely to do business with companies that send them reminders (1);
- 93% of consumers prefer businesses to contact them via non-traditional communication channels such as email and text (1);
- 84% of consumers expect the companies they patronize to proactively send reminders for critical events (1); and,
- Nuance’s Proactive Engagement solutions saw a 34% increase in SMS message volume and a 34% increase in email message volume in 2016.
As the leading provider of speech and language solutions driven by advances in artificial intelligence and cognitive computing, Nuance is supporting these trends though the introduction of Conversational Text. Conversational Text uses Nuance’s Natural Language Understanding to allow consumers to have a two-way text conversation with businesses, without involving a contact center agent. It is now easier and more intuitive than ever for customers to take action across their channel of choice, including voice and text, through simply talking or typing a question or response to an automated system, and receiving a response just as if they were talking to a live agent.
“Today’s digital consumer demands a different kind of customer service, expecting companies to be proactive and reach them on their terms,” said Robert Weideman, general manager and executive vice president, Enterprise Division, Nuance. “Nuance’s Proactive Engagement solutions drive better business results by orchestrating outreach over the right channel at the right time with messages that are intelligent, personalized and actionable.”
Large organizations have benefited from Nuance’s Proactive Engagements solutions, including:
- A healthcare regulatory agency processed over 43M records during the open enrollment period, ensuring consumers received the information they needed to complete their enrollment in health plans.
- One of the nation’s largest mortgage banking companies leverages proactive engagement with self-service options, saving $8-$25 per inbound call and reducing first payment defaults by 60%.
- A major American airline, and one of the world’s largest global airlines, connects the inbound and outbound channels to save $3M per year and increase call containment by 5%.
- One of the largest private health insurance exchanges in the nation informs and reminds customers of important information through automated messages, receiving 95% customer engagement and 94% per message cost savings.
- A major provider of private label retail credit cards recently added interactive voice messaging, SMS text and email to their outbound treatments for delinquent accounts and saw payments through self-service increase by 19%.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- SYNNEX Westcon Builds on its Secure Networking Program for 2020 - July 7, 2020
- Zoom and ServiceNow Partner to Make the Best Work-Anywhere Experiences Even Better - July 7, 2020
- DocsCorp Buys Verowave - July 7, 2020