WALLDORF — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced that the SAP IoT Startup Accelerator program has been honored by the IoT Global Awards as the Startup, Business Development or Ecosystem of the Year.
Founded in December 2016, SAP IoT Startup Accelerator is a global co-innovation program for business-to-business startups that are innovating in the world of the Internet of Things (IoT). It helps startups grow and scale their business alongside SAP, its vast partner ecosystem and a global customer base.
The latest recognition validates SAP’s commitment to foster innovations throughout the connected world in the IoT, digital supply chain, manufacturing and asset management. The SAP IoT Startup Accelerator program has helped develop a wide variety of modern industry use cases for connected technologies, including:
- Autonomous drones for inspections
- Transportation monitoring, prediction and recommendations
- Analytics and insights for industrial IoT
- Robots working collaboratively with humans in warehouses
- Shipping freight with integrated smart containers
- Real-time monitoring with wireless, self-powered snap and play sensors
“Innovation in the IoT community involves a strong network of partners that complement our portfolio and drive customer success,” said Eva Zauke, head of the SAP IoT Startup Accelerator program. “The startup community is an important part of our innovation in digital supply chain and with SAP Leonardo-based IoT solutions, and we are very proud of our accomplishments and developments.”
The IoT Global Awards recognize innovations in the IoT. The winners were formally announced at the Smart IoT London event. Judged across 12 categories by a specially assembled panel of 12 IoT experts and insiders — including companies such as KPMG, Accenture, IBM and Cisco — the awards attracted 149 entries in their inaugural year. They are cosponsored by IoT Global Network and CloserStill Media, organizers of Smart IoT London.
“I have been impressed by both the quality and quantity of entries to these, the inaugural IoT Global Awards,” said Jeremy Cowan, the editorial director and publisher of IoT Global Network. “The future of IoT will continue to be characterized by ingenuity and immense practical skill in turning this enormous opportunity into a reality that transforms lives and businesses across the world.”
Latest posts by News (see all)
- The Year to Focus on Data - January 21, 2019
- Creating IT Futures Doubles Free IT Training and Career Program for Adults - January 17, 2019
- Ingram Micro Expands Onsite Service Availability - January 17, 2019