MILPITAS, Calif., June 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — ABBYY, a leading provider of technology that helps businesses effectively action information, today announced the election of their Senior Director of the Sales & Data Capture Business Unit, Craig Laue, to the Association of Information and Image Management (AIIM) Company of Fellows. Established in 1963, the AIIM Company of Fellows honors individuals in the association who merit recognition and distinction for their outstanding contributions to the enterprise content management (ECM) industry.
“Craig has dedicated more than 21 years of his life to the ECM industry, demonstrating great leadership as a chapter president for 14 of his 18 years with the organization,” said John Mancini, president of AIIM International. “Craig exemplifies what an AIIM Fellow stands for, driving innovation and change in the industry, fostering industry growth and commitment to the AIIM vision.”
Mr. Laue has the honor of being elected alongside this year’s other distinguished inductees including: John Newton, CTO and founder of Alfresco; Carol Keuch, principal at Content Knowledge & Collaboration; Peter Ransome, president and CEO of Ransome Associates; and, Nien-Ling Wacker, who was posthumously elected as a founder of Laserfiche. Laue has been a member of the AIIM Board of the Florida Chapter since 1997 and in 2008 was recognized with the organization’s Distinguished Service Award.
To be eligible for enrollment in the Company of Fellows each nominee must meet several strict requirements. He or she must have been a professional member of the association for at least five continuous years prior to nomination, or have served as the chair of the board of directors, and be known of good character and reputation. Additionally, he or she must have been of exceptional value to the field through long service to the association and have demonstrated notable contributions to the ECM industry over the immediately preceding five years.
“I’m honored to be inducted into the Company of Fellows alongside peers that I hold the utmost admiration and respect for,” said Laue. “AIIM is driving meaningful change in the industry and has helped foster and cultivate some of the most talented minds in ECM. As the leaders of today, it is our responsibility and privilege to help mold tomorrow’s leaders through our work at AIIM.”
For more information on ABBYY, visit www.abbyy.com, or follow the company on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. To learn more about the AIIM Company of Fellows, visit: http://www.aiim.org/About/Awards/Company-of-Fellows#sthash.v2sdNnRd.dpuf.
AIIM has been an advocate and supporter of information professionals for 70 years. The association’s mission is to help these information professionals improve organization performance through information-driven innovation. AIIM is a membership organization that helps these individuals and organizations improve their performance in three ways:
1) SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: AIIM curates the best content related to meeting the challenge of Information Chaos, organizes it into Learning Centers, and creates learning paths and certification centered around this content. We do this both for individuals and for organizations.
2) EXPERT ADVICE: AIIM organizes virtual and face-to-face networking and multinational, regional and local events to share experiences and create connections.
3) MARKET RESEARCH: AIIM conducts leading-edge market research and analysis on the challenges and opportunities created by the collision between Information Chaos and Information Opportunity.
ABBYY is a leading global provider of technologies and solutions that help businesses to action information. The company sets the standard in content capture and innovative language-based technologies that integrate across the information lifecycle. ABBYY solutions are relied on to optimize business processes, mitigate risk, accelerate decision making and drive revenue. ABBYY technologies are used and licensed by some of the largest international enterprises and government organizations, as well as SMBs and individuals. The company maintains offices in Australia, Canada, Cyprus, France, Germany, Japan, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, UAE, the UK, Ukraine, and the United States. For more information, visit www.ABBYY.com
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Nintex Named Workflow and Content Automation Innovator for Three Consecutive Years and Company’s Senior Corporate Counsel Camden Hillas Receives Women in Tech Legal Award - December 8, 2018
- Seattle Scanning Company Offers Solution to Streamline Invoice Scanning - December 8, 2018
- CompTIA Analysis Shows U.S. Tech Sector Expanded by 13,500 Jobs in November - December 8, 2018