PALO ALTO, CA — (Marketwired – Aug 12, 2014) — Accellion, Inc., the pioneer in providing mobile file sharing and collaboration solutions to enterprise organizations that enable increased business productivity while ensuring security and compliance, today announced the launch of kiteworks content connectors for Google Drive for Work and Microsoft OneDrive for Business. The connectors enable universal, secure access to enterprise content, whether stored inside or outside the corporate firewall.
“For most organizations enterprise content isn’t stored in one place, it’s distributed across multiple content repositories. Yet today’s mobile professionals need real-time access to content whether it’s stored in the cloud, behind a firewall, or on their mobile device. Companies need to separate their thinking regarding content storage and content access, and view the two as separate entities,” said Vidhya Ranganathan, SVP of Products, Accellion. “We’re thrilled to add Google Drive for Work and Microsoft OneDrive for Business to the list of content stores that now connect to kiteworks by Accellion, an enterprise-grade mobile file sharing and collaboration solution. With kiteworks, users can view, edit, share and collaborate on content across content stores, with internal and external users, on mobile devices, laptops or desktops.”
Enterprises need a secure way for employees to access and collaborate on content whether it is stored in public cloud solutions or behind the corporate firewall in enterprise content management systems. The new kiteworks cloud connectors extend access to enterprise content stored in GoogleDrive and Microsoft OneDrive, all from within kiteworks’ secure mobile container, while IT has full control and visibility into data activity.
The complete list of kiteworks content connectors includes: SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, SharePoint Online, Windows File Shares and Distributed File Systems, Documentum, OpenText, Google Drive for Work and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
The kiteworks cloud content connectors provide a number of benefits, including:
- Ubiquitous access to content stored in enterprise content management systems and cloud storage
- Users can view all content through a single, easy to access interface, regardless of whether the content is stored in a cloud service such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive, or on-premise in an enterprise content management system such as Microsoft SharePoint
- Users have secure mobile access to cloud content sources with fully-containerized, round trip editing of Microsoft Office and PDF files
- Users have secure mobile sharing and collaboration of files stored in cloud and on-premise solutions, while maintaining ‘document of record’ in the source system without content duplication
- Full control and visibility of enterprise content sharing for compliance with government and industry regulations such as HIPAA
- IT has full audit and reporting capabilities for all content stored and shared via cloud content repositories, including granular logging of user login, sharing and file/folder activities
- Seamless integration with Google Drive and OneDrive, while honoring existing security settings, user roles and access control list
- Easy sharing of files from multiple content sources
- Users can easily share files from different content sources, including cloud storage, the kiteworks container, local devices, and on-premise ECM systems, all from within the same solution.
To learn more about how the new kiteworks cloud content connectors can securely improve your team’s productivity on mobile devices, visit our site.
Accellion, Inc. is an award-winning private company that provides mobile solutions to enterprise organizations that enable increased business productivity while ensuring security and compliance. As the leading provider of private cloud solutions for secure file sharing, Accellion offers enterprise organizations the scalability, flexibility, control and security to enable a mobile workforce with the tools they need to create, access and share information securely, wherever work takes them. More than 12 million users and 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies including Procter & Gamble; Indiana University Health; Kaiser Permanente; Lovells; Bridgestone; Harvard University; Guinness World Records; US Securities and Exchange Commission; and NASA use Accellion solutions to increase business productivity, protect intellectual property, ensure compliance and reduce IT costs. For more information please visit www.accellion.com or call (650) 485-4300. Follow Accellion’s Blog, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Ricoh Unveils New AI-Powered Digital Transformation Ecosystem to Drive Workflow and Process Automation - September 2, 2020
- Kodak Alaris and IDT Develop Smart Scanning Solution to Help DMVs Achieve Real ID Compliance - September 1, 2020
- Nintex Unveils New Customer Success Resources to Help Organizations Automate More - September 1, 2020