SAN MATEO, CA, MAIDENHEAD, UK—November 15, 2018 — Alfresco Software, a leading enterprise open source provider of process automation, content management, and information governance software, today announced major product updates to their Digital Business Platform, including support for Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) and Amazon Glacier. Alfresco’s support for Amazon Web Services (AWS) empowers solution architects to build modern, cloud-ready applications in record time.
Alfresco makes it easy to move fast, deploy efficiently, and operate securely at an unprecedented scale and to “go global” in just minutes with new enhanced capabilities:
- Amazon EKS Support – With Alfresco’s support for Amazon EKS, customers can easily deploy, scale and manage large Alfresco production implementations – going global in minutes while eliminating single points of failure. The ability to do product upgrades and patches is simpler and faster.
- Amazon Glacier Support – Amazon’s long-term, durable and secure storage solution makes a range of use cases dramatically less expensive to support. For example, Alfresco customers wanting to intelligently optimize the storage costs associated with regulatory compliance and legal discovery can now do so at a significant cost saving over on-premises storage.
- The New Alfresco Digital Workspace – Architecture matters, but user experience is paramount. This simple new “out of the box” interface is backed by the power of the Alfresco Application Development Framework (ADF) and designed to accelerate end-user adoption of Alfresco solutions. Providing for the most commonly used functions, it can be easily extended with a vast library of pre-built modular UX components and robust open APIs, allowing Alfresco developers and partners to rapidly create the custom, fit-for-purpose applications their users need.
“We are proud to lead the charge in taking advantage of what the cloud has to offer,” said Bernadette Nixon, CEO of Alfresco. “Alfresco’s support for Amazon Glacier unlocks up to 70 percent savings when compared to on-premises solutions while offering secure, durable storage for content archiving. And with its query-in-place functionality, Glacier support brings old information back to life by allowing you to run powerful analytics against your archival content with the Alfresco Search and Insight Engine.”
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Global Organizations Select SAP SuccessFactors Solutions to Accelerate Culture Change and Drive Digital Transformation - February 25, 2020
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Selects Alfresco To Modernise and Manage 3+ Million Patient Records - February 25, 2020
- Bizagi 11.2.4 Delivers Cloud Business Insights and UiPath RPA Dashboard for Enterprise Automation - February 24, 2020