SAN MATEO, Calif. and Maidenhead, U.K. – February 10, 2016 – Alfresco Software, the leading open-source provider ofEnterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) solutions, today announced a major advancement in the integration of content, people and process. Through updates to both Alfresco One and Alfresco Activiti, Alfresco is providing an open approach to meeting a company’s digital transformation goals by delivering the flexibility they need to meet evolving business process requirements as well as increasing the value from how content is managed within their organization.
“ECM and BPM are converging into a market we refer to as PCM [Process and Collaboration Management]. Rival vendors vying for share in this new market will be compelled to prove how they can help their customers and prospects run their businesses better through process improvements, enhanced collaboration, and easier ways to exploit content and media,” 451 Research Analyst Carl Lehmann wrote in a recent report. “Alfresco’s evolving business strategy is set up to do just that.”
Leading-edge companies will benefit from tight integration of ECM and BPM solutions that were designed and built to work together. For example, processing a loan application for a financial services company involves managing multiple documents from applicants as well as internally created files – all part of a loan-approval process. The Alfresco integrated solution brings together process and content into a single solution that simplifies the workflow and improves customer service. It also captures approval flows and relevant content to help a company address its compliance requirements.
“Because every piece of content is tied to a business process and vice versa, an integrated content management and business process solution can deliver great value to enterprise and government. Alfresco’s modern and open approach to these solutions has always recognized this critical interdependency,” said John Newton, co-founder and CTO of Alfresco. “This integration raises the bar across the industry and demonstrates Alfresco’s commitment to providing a better alternative to legacy approaches to how content and processes need to be managed in today’s business environment.”
Recent advancements to Alfresco One and Alfresco Activiti provide tighter integration of Alfresco’s platform capabilities, allowing customers to work seamlessly with interoperability across important business functions.
Alfresco One 5.1’s new capabilities include:
· Easy Content Model Management that allows non-technical users the ability to configure Alfresco to their specific business data model in a “no code” environment that embeds more intelligence into the content being managed.
· Smart Folders that make it easy for users to access content based on “what it is” rather than “where it is,” providing a consumer-like “intelligent playlist” experience.
· Additional APIs in the core platform that support broader customizations, system reliability and increased flexibility to address a multitude of use cases.
· Improved usability and search capabilities powered by open-source SOLR technology with advanced administration options to support mass-scale deployments.
· Updated iOS and Android mobile apps and SDK for further app customizations.
· Support for native-cloud technologies, like Amazon Aurora.
Activiti 1.4 includes:
· Enhanced BPMN 2.0 process engine, which allows process forms improvement, process model creation and performance enhancements.
· No-code development for business rules to automatically drive process decisions.
· Tighter integration with cloud file sync-and-share solutions, which allows Alfresco to bring process to the cloud world.
· Mobile support through a dedicated app.
“The new features in Alfresco One, specifically the ability to easily modify content models to address our unique needs, are a must-have for our agency and add great value to how our system analyst handles projects,” said Gregory Richardson, Senior IT Systems Analyst with the City and County of Denver. “We are currently in the process of implementing and integrating Activiti and intend to continue upgrades in 2017.”
“Alfresco’s goal has always been to provide one simple, smart and open platform to help companies address all of their content and process needs,” said Thomas De Meo, vice president, product management for Alfresco. “The integration of ECM and BPM in our platform is a big leap in that direction, empowering user productivity with easy to use and easy to integrate solutions, achieving enterprise scale and control with platform modularity and security, and future-readying enterprises by building upon today’s open standards.”
Alfresco provides modern enterprise content management (ECM) and business process management (BPM) software built on open standards that enables organizations to unlock the power of their business-critical content. With the controls that IT demands and the simplicity that end users love, Alfresco’s open source technology enables global organizations to collaborate more effectively across cloud, hybrid and on-premise environments. Innovating at the intersection of content, collaboration and business process, Alfresco’s software manages over seven billion documents, powering the daily tasks of more than 11 million users worldwide. Select Alfresco customers include: Amnesty International, Cisco, DAB Bank, FOX, NASA, PGA Tour, and Sony Entertainment. Founded in 2005, Alfresco’s U.S. headquarters are in San Mateo, California and European headquarters are in Maidenhead, UK. Please visit us at http://www.alfresco.com.