NORWALK, Conn. Oct. 23, 2017 – For Xerox channel partners looking to increase recurring revenue and maximize value to clients, there was an app event for that. The Xerox Personalized Application Builder Forum drew 50 high-potential partners from across the globe, and the collaborative format included perspectives from their peers and Xerox. Attendees learned about the value of developing and selling apps, and how those apps can turn multifunction printers (MFPs) into smart, connected workplace assistants.
Held Oct. 18-19 at Xerox’s Gil Hatch Center for Customer Innovation in Webster, N.Y., the event was designed for partners of all sizes, and regardless of their experience in the app space. The two-day agenda covered:
- How to get started – benefits of the Xerox Personalized Application Builder program; skills needed to initiate development; and understanding the Xerox App Gallery and Xerox App Studio, sites where partners can access and market apps.
- App development – ideas for new apps and top areas for app growth.
- Promotion – how partners can maximize and market their presence as app developers.
- Monetization – how to price apps, and the different models for client implementation.
- Xerox tools and support – an overview of training support and hardware and software tools that help partners efficiently create apps.
Xerox executives led keynote sessions focused on a partner’s progression from technology reseller to software developer; how to unleash innovation within an organization and Xerox’s view of the app landscape. A partner showcase featured partner-developed apps, both to inspire and generate business from other attendees.
Just-Tech, a Maryland-based print, network, IT and apps solutions company, has developed and sold custom apps for Xerox’s ConnectKey® devices for the past two years, with apps accounting for 10 percent of the company’s revenue. Just-Tech president Joshua Justice hopes to double or even triple app sales next year, and attended the event seeking ideas to help fuel that growth, and share his experience with other partners.
“Our app sales keep growing and we continue to reinvest,” said Justice. “Apps are a competitive differentiator for us and have taken us global. This is the type of collaborative gathering that will help other Xerox channel partners do the same.”
The Rite Group, a Missouri-based IT services provider, left the event eager to explore app development opportunities.
“Software development is a natural progression for our business, but we weren’t sure where to start,” said T. Robin Cole, CEO of The Rite Group. “Hearing from organizations that have experienced a similar transition and pursued comparable opportunities was invaluable in helping define our strategy. I’m energized and excited to take the next step.”
Xerox Extensible Interface Platform allows partners and developers to easily create personalized apps that can be accessed on the MFP’s tablet-like screen. Partners are also given access to application program interfaces for managed print services, production systems Xerox FreeFlow® and Xerox DocuShare®, enabling partners to create custom applications that leverage the range of Xerox’s industry-leading product portfolio.
“Apps have permeated our personal lives and the workplace is following suit,” said Tracey Koziol, senior vice president, Workplace Solutions Business Group, Xerox. “The opportunity for Xerox and our partners is boundless, and this event served as a catalyst for future development.” Koziol was among the event’s featured speakers.
Apps helping authors set the page free
Xerox technology, software and ConnectKey apps are driving Project: SET THE PAGE FREE, a book collaboration of epic scale with 14 celebrated and award-winning international writers and creative talents. Chapters by each of the contributors – including a poem and a song – together tell the ultimate story of the modern workplace, each with a unique creative perspective on the working world. Visit SetThePageFree.com for video documentaries, exclusive photos, book excerpts and podcasts.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Bizagi 11.2.4 Delivers Cloud Business Insights and UiPath RPA Dashboard for Enterprise Automation - February 24, 2020
- Conduent Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results - February 20, 2020
- AODocs Experiences Explosive Growth Fueled by Rising Demand for Content Services and Google Integration Advantages - February 20, 2020