AMSTERDAM– September 15, 2015 –AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the online security company for more than 200 million monthly active users, today announced the launch of AVG Business Managed Workplace® 9.2, the latest version of its fully integrated, open ecosystem, remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform.
AVG Business sells and markets a comprehensive, integrated set of cloud security and RMMsoftware applications that are designed from the ground up to simplify the lives of IT providers, Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and their small-to-medium sized business customers.
Managed Workplace 9.2 now features a Premium Remote Control capability from ISL Online, which is fully integrated into the dashboard. ISL Online brings a ten-year history delivering feature-rich remote desktop control software,helping to ensure that Managed Workplace 9.2 will make it even easier for AVG channel partners to effectively and efficiently administer remote IT management services to their business customers – all from a single platform.
The new AVG Business Premium Remote Control is included as a key capability of Managed Workplace 9.2 and eliminates the need to purchase expensive, third-party remote control solutions.Offering greater control and visibility, the built-in Premium Remote Control is compatible across all Windows and Mac OSX managed devices, and it enables MSPs to quickly and easily access remote computers, transfer files, chat, record sessions and perform administrative tasks for their clients, without switching interfaces.
The most comprehensive solution, to date, Managed Workplace 9.2 includes these new features:
• Premium Remote Control– The one tool for all Remote Control needs, across all Windows and Mac devices, is available to MSPs at no additional cost.
• Integrated Backup and Disaster Recovery– The ‘single pane of glass’ central dashboard helps MSPs quickly deploy and manage Infrascale Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions. MSPs can easily control file and folder backups for workstations, capture Bare-Metal-Recovery images for servers, as well as monitor and manage Infrascale Appliances from one, central place.
• Mac OSX Device Manager– The new Device Manager for Mac OSX brings monitoring and management to roaming Mac OSX laptops. Multiple deployment optionsincrease ease of onboarding and management.
• Integrated AntiVirus enhancements– Integrated AVG AntiVirus has always offered unparalleled protection and ease of management and now MSPs can password protect the end point to prevent unauthorized modification or removal of AntiVirus by end users.
“The ability for my team to quickly understand and resolve issues without the delays of working across different systems, or the expense of purchasing new tools, makes a big difference in delivering fast and professional support,” said Bob Ascherl, Director of Managed Services, Advanced Technology Services. “AVG Business Managed Workplace has enabled us to streamline our technology needs and work from one platform. Now with the company’s extended Managed Workplace platform, we can have both remote control and remote monitoring and management in one solution, without having to make choices or changes to our operations.”
Coupled with AVG Business portfolio services that include its Premium Network Operations Center, Microsoft Office365 and VMware integration, and Secure Sign-On authentication, AVG Business Managed Workplace 9.2 allows end user clients to focus on their business, and gives MSPs the ability to become more profitable.
“AVG is dedicated to the success of our channel partners, and their product feedback is critical for helping us deliver the best experience possible,” said Francois Daumard, VP of Global Channel Sales, AVG Business. “Today’s debut of our enhanced Managed Workplace platform is one example of how we are listening and responding to channel needs and continuing to help MSPs achieve their business goals.”
The AVG Business Portfolio
The AVG Business portfolio includes AVG Business CloudCare™, a cloud-based administration platform offering resellers a simple way to implement and manage services such as antivirus, content filtering, online backup and email security services for their customers; AVG Business Managed Workplace, an open eco-system RMM tool; and AVG Business Secure Sign-On, a next-generation mobile device management service.
Supported by aworldwide network of more than 10,000 partners, AVG’s strong IT security heritage complements its proven strength as an RMM provider and partner to help smaller IT companies and MSPs transition and flourish as fully-fledged managed services businesses. AVG Business Managed Workplace is developed and supported by the AVG Business Center of Excellence for Managed Workplacebased in Ottawa, Canada.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Nuxeo Recognized as a Visionary for Fourth Straight Year in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms Report - November 25, 2020
- SER Group a Visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Conduent to Deliver Highly Modernized Core Claims Administration Services to Vaya Health - November 24, 2020