MELVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — As the pace of global business continues to accelerate, decision makers need to limit workflow bottlenecks in order to help maintain an efficient workflow that can help increase office productivity. Today, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced additional benefits to channel partners and their end-users stemming from its recent integrations with Box, Inc. (“Box”) a content management platform, and mxHero, Inc., (“mxHero”), a cloud service for intelligent e-mail management. These new relationships continue to expand the portfolio of solutions that Canon can offer with respect to capture and information management, workflow, and collaboration to better suit the fast-paced and mobile nature of today’s workforce.
“Virtually any customer who uses email or a cloud service can benefit from Canon’s integrations with Box and mxHero. With security being top of mind today, these solutions offer an auditable and manageable option for the ever-growing challenges of email attachments,” said Randy Dazo, group director, Office Document Technology, Keypoint Intelligence. “Additionally, these new integrations further strengthen Canon’s philosophy of not just focusing on the product but rather on addressing the customer pain points.”
Through Canon’s relationship with Box and mxHero, users can take full advantage of the first wave of Canon integrations, which can change the way email, paper, and digital content are managed while making it easy to share, access, and collaborate on content. With the Canon, Box, and mxHero solutions and integrations, users can benefit from storage and email server administrative cost savings utilizing Box’s unlimited cloud storage for Business Plus and Enterprise Editions sold through Canon, and mxHero’s automatic substitution of email attachments with Box links. Users of Box and mxHero can also benefit from automated business rules, content security and governance features, and the opportunity to improve management of unstructured data and decrease network clogging.
“Through the integration with Canon, we’re ensuring our collaboration tools, which are a key element to a business’ success, are being passed on to Canon’s customers,” said Chris Penner, senior vice president of Global Partner Sales at Box. “Our partner ecosystem is crucial to ensuring that businesses of all sizes, across all geographies, have access to Box’s cloud content management platform.”
As Cloud Content Management (CCM) solutions become more popular and standardized in business, Canon and mxHero provide features that can help users efficiently store and send content, including emails and their attachments, in the cloud – designed to help reduce the number of email outages and network clogging while also cutting on premise storage costs. MxHero integrates with existing customer e-mail servers to transparently facilitate the easy transfer of files and automate additional mail rules to enhance the process of sending bulky emails by using links with security and governance features. Since the files themselves are no longer sent and are replaced by links to Box, information is capable of being tracked, and email bandwidth is significantly reduced.
“MxHero is thrilled to be part of Canon’s digital content strategy. Email sits at the heart of the modern workflow. In taking to market mxHero’s intelligent email capture abilities together with Box’s powerful content management platform, Canon demonstrates its deep understanding of the challenges and needs of companies today,” said Alex Panagides, CEO, mxHero.
Canon Current Offerings and Customer Benefits:
- Box: A cloud content management and collaboration platform that can transform how organizations work by helping users be more efficient. Users can utilize Box to integrate with multiple platforms they currently use, leveraging content in a centralized location for easy editing, accessing, and collaborating.
- MxHero Mail2Cloud Platform: This platform leverages Box (or other cloud services that are sold separately) to effortlessly send and store emails of virtually any size by automatically converting email attachments to Box links. The platform allows customers to gain control over access to their data, including ‘read only’ and ‘link expiration’ features, based on pre-set business rules. In addition, the end-user functionality does not change, meaning a user can attach a document, just as they normally would, and let mxHero do the work behind the scenes.
- MxHero for Outlook: This easy, drag and drop option for Microsoft Outlook allows individuals to save emails (both as PDF documents and as their native files) and their attachments directly into Box – reducing the amount of steps and time usually taken to save a file in its intended destination, and saving storage costs.
- Canon ADVANCE Cloud Portal (ACP) and uniFLOW Capture Solutions: Using compatible Canon systems such as select imageRUNNER ADVANCE,1 with ACP or uniFLOW2 software, users can access and scan directly to their box folders, increasing efficiency and productivity. Email transmissions are also captured from Canon devices by mxHero enabling users to send even large files without the worry that such transmissions will be split to multiple messages or stopped based upon normal email file size limits.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop: Marrying Box’s cloud-based unlimited storage with its Business Plus and Enterprise options, and collaboration features with Canon’s powerful document handling and PDF publishing tool, customers can utilize the bi-directional communication to easily access, annotate, and stitch together multiple documents to help them create elegant collateral.
- Quick Scan: Using this free TWAIN application, exclusive to Canon, customers can now scan documents directly to their Box folders with their compatible imageFORMULA desktop scanners from directly within the Box user interface.3 This application, available for download from the Box Apps Marketplace, allows users to diversify their scan-to-box options and allows them to convert captured documents to searchable PDFs with full text Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
“Canon is focused on providing integrated solutions that can utilize our strengths, combined with our partners to achieve business goals, making this a significant step in helping to solve key workflow challenges customers face,” said Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “The pace of business is continuing to accelerate, changing the workplace of today and tomorrow. It’s increasingly critical for Canon and therefore our channel partners to offer end-to-end solutions with security features which enable collaborative and efficient workflows that can achieve fast results that meet the needs of our customer base.”
Box and mxHero solutions are currently available through Canon authorized dealers.
Stay on top of the latest industry news. Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to email@example.com.