CLEVELAND, June 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Hyland, a leading provider of software solutions for managing content, processes and cases, announces the latest release of its enterprise information platform, OnBase by Hyland. With greater configurability, enhanced mobile capabilities and expanded integration options, the OnBase 17 release continues to drive solutions that link critical content to core systems and manage related processes and data.
OnBase combines the capabilities of enterprise content management (ECM), case management, business process management and capture on a single platform deployed in the cloud or on premises, minimizing IT sprawl. Incorporating nearly 3,500 new customer-driven features and enhancements across all aspects of the software, OnBase 17 improves functionality and refreshes the user experience with modernized client interfaces.
“We’re thrilled to introduce OnBase 17, the world’s most powerful, versatile and intuitive enterprise information platform,” said Bill Priemer, president and CEO at Hyland. “We’ve made improvements to all areas of the product, affecting every industry we serve. This includes tremendous enhancements to the user experience, based on customer feedback. We’re elated with the result and confident our customers will be, too.”
Key enhancements to the OnBase platform include:
- An elevated user experience – A refreshed design with improved navigation and visibility facilitates ease of operation for users and administrators alike. Numerous performance enhancements, like a faster document viewer with a lower memory footprint, elevate usability.
- Offline mobile briefcase – Deskless workers can continue to work digitally in areas where there is limited or no network connectivity. Relevant information in OnBase is securely downloaded to the mobile device for offline work. While working unconnected, users can gather new information in forms, photos and documents – all synchronizing back to the OnBase system once network connectivity becomes available.
- Refined two-factor authentication – New tools make it easier to utilize third-party identity service providers for enhanced security.
- Capture upgrades – Expedited scanning and indexing processes, mobile offline capture capabilities and more administrative tools support increasingly sophisticated capture scenarios.
- Advanced electronic form capabilities – Administrators have much more flexibility with form design, graphical formatting and template management.
“Each year, we continue to strengthen our position as a leading developer of content services platforms and applications,” said Brenda Kirk, senior vice president of corporate strategy and product at Hyland. “After over 1.3 million hours of research and development to keep us ahead of the curve, OnBase 17 delivers an even more capable and configurable platform with unlimited potential for our customers to grow and innovate with confidence.”
OnBase 17 provides several enhancements to its best-in-class industry offerings, including:
- Administrative and Shared Service Solutions – New developments in capture and optical character recognition (OCR) tools continue to improve the way customers ingest documents (e.g., invoices and sales orders) and feed critical data to core systems like enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. With enhancements to OnBase mobile capabilities, remote workers have even greater access to content they need to accelerate approvals and make business decisions on the go. Electronic form upgrades make it even easier to create and manage forms for human resources functions, contracts, service ticketing and other common business processes.
- Financial Services – OnBase 17 provides financial institutions with exciting enhancements, such as additional masking support for keywords and increased functionality surrounding loan document classification and management of document template libraries. Integrations between OnBase and core banking platforms provide even more potential and flexibility with new capabilities and a new integration with jXchange™.
- Government – Enhancements in OnBase 17 make key solutions like agenda management, electronic plan review, public records requests and integrations for Esri mapping more powerful and easier to administer. And, OnBase 17 does this with a redesigned user interface with new features and improved performance.
- Healthcare – For healthcare institutions, OnBase 17 improves the usability of the OnBase Patient Window. Enhancements to the mobile healthcare application integrate barcode technology to open packets of forms, while revenue cycle management processes become easier through enhanced features in payment reconciliation and denial management.
- Higher Education – The OnBase 17 web client continues to serve deployments across campuses with evergreen browser support improvements. The release includes improvements to forms and case management capabilities, and features that support two-factor authentication. Enhanced capture process design tools bring improvements to transcript capture.
- Insurance – For claims, policy and billing, OnBase 17 offers solution enhancements in advanced capture, document composition, document packaging and customer communications management. Additionally, cloud-ready solution accelerators for v9 of Guidewire ClaimCenter®, PolicyCenter and BillingCenter are available and have received Ready for Guidewire designation.
Stay on top of the latest industry news. Have news to share? We want to help you spread the word. Submit your media releases to email@example.com.