CLEVELAND, June 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Hyland, a leading content services provider, today released the latest version of OnBase, a single enterprise information platform for managing content, processes and cases. By empowering organizations to create more personalized user experiences — including improved mobility and enhanced integrations with core business applications – OnBase 18 streamlines access to critical information, delivering content on demand and eliminating information silos across the enterprise.
The new release brings more than 3,100 customer-driven enhancements to the low-code OnBase platform, which provides content management, case management, business process management, records management and capture capabilities in the cloud or on premises. This release introduces new products and integrations; new forms capabilities; expanded security capabilities; new administration tools for testing, import and export; and performance and compatibility updates.
“OnBase 18 exemplifies Hyland’s focus on empowering our customers to create forward-looking, future-ready solutions,” said Bill Priemer, president and CEO at Hyland. “This platform reflects a shift in our industry, as customers increasingly demand more intuitive and user-centric services that simplify content usage by all parties – users, systems and applications. We’ve listened closely to our customers and examined all areas of the product to make significant enhancements that will benefit every industry we serve.”
With the new and improved capabilities in OnBase 18, organizations can:
- Create powerful, more tailored user experiences: A new combined viewer personalizes the display of content and data into a streamlined and consolidated view, tailoring experiences for a variety of user roles. This new, aggregated interface supports OnBase power users; and enhancements to several key integrations improve experiences for users who primarily access OnBase via other applications.
- Empower mobile workers: Mobile enhancements include delivering personalized case management applications on mobile devices and building tighter integrations with common mobile business apps. Users have the ability to sign documents using mobile devices and can leverage touch ID on iOS for secure, easy access to OnBase solutions.
- Realize increased security and improved performance: Security enhancements ensure appropriate access to information throughout its lifecycle, as well as streamline how authorized users access the system through the addition of touch ID on iOS and the use of identity providers (IdP) for authentication. As with every new release, OnBase 18 delivers continued performance improvements across the platform, from more responsive interface components to architectural enhancements.
- Equip administrators with advanced tools: A suite of tools simplify administration and make it easier to roll out solutions enterprise-wide, including new tools to more easily create test systems and migrate solutions from test to production environments. A new server updater tool equips organizations to update their OnBase web servers to get access to the latest browser support, security patches and minor enhancements within minutes.
“Each new release combines Hyland’s industry-leading expertise with our innovative vision for the future, delivering a powerful portfolio of products that drives growth and efficiency for our customers,” said Brenda Kirk, executive vice president and chief product and strategy officer. “We continue to make extraordinary investments in R&D, executing on long-term plays we believe will transform the way organizations serve their customers and reach their goals. Significantly, with this release, we’ve introduced platform enhancements that enable us to combine OnBase content services with the functionality of great products in our expanded portfolio, such as Brainware and Enterprise Search as well as our rich media management offering.”
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Wellesley College Selects OnBase To Connect Content, Systems And Workflows Across Campus - December 14, 2018
- SAP Provides Partners Free Access to SAP Cloud Platform - December 11, 2018
- Nintex Names Neal Gottsacker as Chief Product Officer - December 11, 2018