IRVINE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kofax, a leading Intelligent Automation platform for digital workflow transformation, today announces the latest edition of Printix, its industry-leading cloud print management SaaS offering. Designed to provide a complete print infrastructure and environment for improved efficiency, productivity, and cost savings, Printix bolsters all-cloud strategies for organizations and eliminates the need for print server infrastructure.
Built to work and grow with today’s modern workplace organizations, Printix supports Single Sign-on (SSO) with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and can be deployed with Microsoft Endpoint Manager. The product is scalable by design and can handle any number of users, printers, and multi-function devices (MFDs) for flexible and secure printing, mobile printing, and document capture workflows.
“This edition of Printix completely eliminates print servers from network infrastructure and replaces them with a secure, cloud-managed print infrastructure with next-generation integrated capture,” says Rod Hughes, Vice President, Product Strategy at Kofax. “This significantly reduces on-premises infrastructure costs, services, support and maintenance fees, freeing up resources that organizations can reallocate toward innovation that helps move their business forward.”
Key features of the latest edition of Kofax Printix include:
- Next-generation capture. MFD and mobile users can scan or capture documents to the Printix Cloud and generate PDFs with embedded OCR results, or Microsoft Word DOCX-formatted documents to submit to email, Microsoft SharePoint Online or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Simplified print management. Printix Administrator allows organizations to centrally manage printers from web browsers and connect new printers from a smartphone, tablet or computer in just minutes.
- Print-anywhere and print-later capabilities. Users can release documents from the Printix app when they arrive at the printer or release documents to a printer anytime with the Print Later feature.
- Automatic printer discovery. Printix allows users to automatically discover the print network and integrate printers and drivers or deploy and remove printers and print queues when users change.
- Enhanced Microsoft integration. Printix supports full integration with Microsoft Azure AD including effortless deployment with EndPoint Manager and Single Sign-On providing confidence for users, while removing IT and administration overhead.
- Full support for all network printers. Complete independent and multi-vendor support for an organization’s mixed fleet of devices, enabling users to print to any printer from any device.
“The ease and convenience of handling multiple printer sites and separate networks can’t be overstated,” says James Barber, Service Owner – End User Computing at global customer Jotun A/S. “Cloud-based print infrastructure is the future for cloud-first businesses, and Kofax Printix supports that in ways we never thought were possible.”
The cloud continues to empower Kofax Document Automation & Security solutions, creating new flexible services that reduce the typical back-office burden that comes with running a print infrastructure.
“With the introduction of a cloud-based capture solution that uses Kofax’s OCR scanning technology, Kofax is addressing the growing requirements for cloud solutions that drive increased productivity and efficiency,” says Louella Fernandez, Director at Quocirca, a global market insight and research firm.
To learn more about Kofax Printix’s new release features, visit: https://www.kofax.com/products/printix/printix-release-highlights