Tokyo (March 29, 2016) – Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) today announced that the company entered into share transfer agreement with the major shareholder Dr. Ralf Hinkel Holding GmbH, and other shareholders of MOBOTIX AG, a German manufacturer of video surveillance systems (MOBOTIX), regarding the acquisition of the MOBOTIX shares held by them comprising approximately 65% of the share capital of MOBOTIX.
MOBOTIX has a number of cutting-edge technologies including decentralized processing (edge computing) IP cameras, image data compression, and image data analytics technologies. In addition, Konica Minolta and MOBOTIX intend to enter into a collaboration agreement regarding future technological developments in the field.
With the acquisition of the stake in MOBOTIX, Konica Minolta intends to achieve the following objectives:
1. Provision of next-generation network security solutions through cooperation in proprietary technologies of both companies
Konica Minolta aims to provide next-generation decentralized network security solutions by leveraging its industrial optical systems, including the 3D-LiDAR to scan, without errors or failed reports, wide areas at a high-precision level based on its proprietary optical technology, and MOBOTIX’s decentralized processing IP cameras and video management software (VMS) with a diversified processor.
2. Development of workflow solutions across verticals
By utilizing the technology of both MOBOTIX’s decentralized processing IP cameras and VMS with Konica Minolta’s image sensing system, Konica Minolta will drive development of new products such as “Care Support Solutions” for monitoring residents at nursing care homes, or the solutions for monitoring workflow at manufacturing facilities that can help their workflow innovation.
3. Broadening the distribution of MOBOTIX products and services
Konica Minolta will broaden the distribution of MOBOTIX products and their solution services by leveraging its global direct sales network and after-sales support and services systems.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Hyland Completes Acquisition of Alfresco - October 22, 2020
- Gartner Says Worldwide IT Spending to Grow 4% in 2021 - October 20, 2020
- Konica Minolta Launches New Managed Application Services Packages - October 16, 2020