DALLAS, August 21, 2018 — M-Files Corporation, the intelligent information management company, today announced the immediate availability of M-Files Online, the first information management system that enables organizations to flexibly combine cloud and on-premises deployments with a single user license without having to lock into one model.
M-Files Online offers a more intelligent and flexible, system-neutral approach to managing information that makes any organization cloud-ready. This new approach unifies information and related policies and processes across an organization’s systems and repositories, including M-Files, file shares, SharePoint, and ERP and CRM systems, providing immediate access to existing information on day one, without massive, upfront data migration projects.
Enterprises are increasingly moving to the cloud or considering how it fits in their future IT strategy. According to the Association of Intelligent Information Management (AIIM)’s The State of Intelligent Information Management study, more than 80 percent of information management professionals are planning solutions that are at least partly cloud-based. Many cutting-edge technologies, especially around artificial intelligence, require elastic computing resources and are therefore often only cloud based. However, common roadblocks to cloud adoption remain, such as intensive data migrations, reliance on legacy systems, and security and regulatory concerns. M-Files Online removes those roadblocks by seamlessly spanning both cloud and on-premises environments.
“Along with mega-trends, such as the cloud, mobile and the rise of AI, there’s a fundamental shift underway related to how organizations manage information,” said Miika Mäkitalo, CEO at M-Files. “As the amount of information explodes, the rigid, complex ways of the past no longer work. M-Files Online offers a new, more dynamic approach we call intelligent information management that leverages AI to bring together information in legacy ‘dark data’ siloes. M-Files Online is also the only solution that allows freely mixing cloud and on-premises deployments with the same software license. This enables our customers to benefit from modern cloud services, while also keeping the data they choose behind the firewall.”
Key features of M-Files Online include:
- Instant cloud readiness provides future-proof operations: M-Files Online includes the ability to freely combine on-premises and cloud repositories within the same software subscription.
- AI-powered metadata controls content chaos with context: AI identifies and brings together information from legacy “dark data” silos, providing immediate access to critical information.
- Connects to existing file shares and SharePoint: M-Files Online connects to a variety of systems and repositories, from network folders and SharePoint, to file sharing services, existing DMS and ECM systems, and ECP and CRM systems, without requiring data migration.
M-Files Online is available on a subscription basis, providing immediate access to new features and improvements with automatic updates. This reduces IT workload and ensures access to the latest capabilities, including performance and security improvements, even for on-premises deployments.
About M-Files Corporation
M-Files provides a next-generation intelligent information management platform that improves business performance by helping people find and use information more effectively. Unlike traditional enterprise content management (ECM) systems or content services platforms, M-Files unifies systems, data and content across the organization without disturbing existing systems and processes or requiring data migration. Using artificial intelligence (AI) technologies in its unique Intelligent Metadata Layer, M-Files breaks down silos by delivering an in-context experience for accessing and leveraging information that resides in any system and repository, including network folders, SharePoint, file sharing services, ECM systems, CRM, ERP and other business systems and repositories. Thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries use M-Files for managing their business information and processes, including NBC Universal, OMV, Rovio, SAS Institute and thyssenkrupp. For more information, visit http://www.m-files.com.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Nuxeo Achieves HITRUST CSF Certification to Further Mitigate Risk in Third-Party Privacy, Security, and Compliance - January 21, 2021
- Prioritizing High Value Business Workflows Accelerates Digital Transformation - January 21, 2021
- Pax8 and Enlyft Announce New Partnership - January 19, 2021