SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PFU America, Inc., the U.S.-based subsidiary of PFU Limited and the leader in document scanning solutions, today announced the availability of the RICOH fi-8950 and fi-8930—two new high-performance production scanners boasting a next-gen image processing engine and Clear Image Capture for high resolution and unparalleled image quality. Extraordinary productivity and exceptional quality come together to empower precise throughput at high speed. The new flagship scanners support the growing need for document digitization and centralized scanning in business enterprises, government agencies, and educational institutions, as well as financial and healthcare organizations.
The stylish scanners have a modest footprint and feature a 4.3” touchscreen control panel, along with easy set-up, operation, and maintenance. Productivity-boosting rates of 150 ppm for the fi-8950 and 130 ppm for the fi-8930 are enhanced by efficiency-focused features like the 750 sheet ADF. The RICOH fi-8950 and fi-8930 also include the world’s first Automatic Skew Correction scanning capability*. The patent pending technology utilizes independently moving right and left rollers to straighten documents before scanning, even those that are significantly skewed. This new feature further prevents paper jams caused by skew and provides stable feeding performance, even when scanning large numbers of documents, thin paper, or different sized documents. The scanners also help ensure complete data capture and more stable stacking, saving the operator time, creating a more efficient operational workflow.
“We are thrilled to expand our award-winning RICOH fi Series lineup to include these extremely powerful production scanners, delivering the innovation and performance necessary for organizations committed to document digitization as part of their larger digital transformation goals,” said Daisuke Kutsuwada, President and CEO, PFU America, Inc. “The RICOH fi-8900 Series sets the gold standard for A3 scanners by delivering best-in-class reliability, productivity, and user experience today. In addition, these new production scanners will help our customers leverage AI for business by driving better outcomes via enhanced data and image quality.”
Both scanners are highly durable with the ability to manage daily scans up to 130,000 sheets. Other innovative new features integrated into the Ethernet-compatible RICOH fi-8950 and fi-8930 include:
- A Dual Path Mechanism features high-speed U-turn scanning. At the flip of a switch, the operator can transition to Straight Path scanning for thick documents, such as cardstock or cardboard envelopes, up to 1.25mm thick. Manual Feed Mode allows single-sheets or envelopes to scan with ease.
- Stapled Documents Detection works to prevent stapled documents from being scanned. This groundbreaking, patent pending technology features a sensor that detects abnormal lifting of documents and stops stapled documents before damage occurs—even in batch scanning where staples are easily overlooked.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function prevents multi-feeds while allowing automatic by-pass of sticky notes and taped-on receipts.
- Advanced Software Support maximizes efficiency by supporting easier batch scanning and enhanced OCR via PaperStream IP, while PaperStream Capture automates scan processes. Automated features that facilitate streamlined batch scanning and an enhanced operator experience include Automatic Separation Control and Blank Page Removal.
- Paper Ejection Control features proprietary technology controls to the output of all documents, including folded or curled documents, preventing paper jams at feeding and delivering neat stacks of scanned sheets, making it easy for operators to focus on their scanning tasks, improving handling and workflow.
The RICOH fi-8950 and fi-8930 range in price from $9,900 to $14,500 (MSRP) and are available for purchase now. For more information on PFU America, Inc. and its award-winning RICOH scanners, please visit https://www.pfu-us.ricoh.com/.