Salesforce announced new Health Cloud innovations designed specifically for our life sciences customers across two new areas: patient program management and medical device commercial operations.
Historically, patients have not turned to life sciences companies for information about their condition or for support while undergoing therapy or treatment. But now, the customer landscape is changing — according to Salesforce’s Connected Healthcare Consumer report(also released today), 62% of healthcare consumers say it’s very important for pharmaceutical companies to educate them on how to get the most from their medication. With the shift to value-based care, personalized medicine and the consumerization of healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical device companies are increasingly engaging patients in new ways to help them achieve the best possible outcomes.
Patient Program Management Helps Deliver Personalized, Trusted Patient Experiences
Many healthcare companies use custom-built and siloed solutions for end-to-end patient services that do not fully meet their needs, as data is often stored in many different locations, which makes it difficult to have a single view of the patient. With Health Cloud’s new patient program management innovations, we’re transforming the entire patient journey – giving organizations actionable information in one place for improved internal and external collaboration and smarter, data-driven decisions. These new features include:
- Guided Program Enrollment allows life sciences companies to create therapeutic support programs at scale to acquire, support and engage patients, improving both the patient experience and shortening the time to therapy. Patient support teams can now help patients easily enroll in a patient services support program with step-by-step guided enrollment. Information now captured during the enrollment process can include everything from easier patient onboarding and insurance verification to copay programs and more, helping patients get the support they need and making sure they are adhering to treatment plans.
- Patient Services Consent Management provides pharmaceutical and medical device companies with the ability to easily view and capture patient consent with an eSignature. Now consent can take place with the enrollee in-person or remotely, as patients can log-in using a tablet or mobile device to view and provide consent on forms associated with the program.
Medical Device Innovation Helps Commercial Teams Grow and Support Customer Relationships
Today’s release also enables medical device customers to manage their sales growth by delivering new features to help address the complex sales process.
These new features deliver predictability and transparency across their commercial organizations, and improve their ability to build customer relationships:
- Sales Agreements help medical device companies manage device sales, volume, price and revenue commitments. Sales and operations teams can collaborate to track whether customers are meeting their commitments by comparing planned sales quantities to actual booked orders, as well as planned revenue amounts to actual booked revenue. The enhanced visibility helps medical device companies prevent revenue leakage and proactively engage customers to increase compliance to agreement terms.
- Account-Based Forecasting helps medical device companies forecast device sales. Now, medical device customers can create a baseline forecast using market and account growth factors relative to the previous year’s actuals. Sales teams can edit forecasts to reflect increase or decrease in their market share, relative to their competitors, of the total device sales at a provider organization. Sales managers can quickly assess the impact of these changes on key metrics such as total revenue, growth and quota attainment.
All of the features announced today are generally available. To find out more, click here.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- SYNNEX Westcon Builds on its Secure Networking Program for 2020 - July 7, 2020
- Zoom and ServiceNow Partner to Make the Best Work-Anywhere Experiences Even Better - July 7, 2020
- DocsCorp Buys Verowave - July 7, 2020