Johannesburg, 2 June 2014 ? OpenText , a global leader in enterprise information management (EIM), and SAP AG (SAP) today announced that they have expanded their integrated offerings in an effort to offer customers an even more powerful enterprise content management solution.
SAP Archiving by OpenText will now run on the SAP HANA platform, including support for SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service deployments. Additionally, as part of the SAP Extended Enterprise Content Management by OpenText (SAP Extended ECM), customers will have access to Tempo Box, an enterprise calibre file sync and share solution that is fully managed and completely secure.
In May 2013, OpenText announced it was the first SAP software and technology partner to offer fully tested solutions qualified by SAP for integration with SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA. The company has now extended its platform to include support for SAP HANA on its core Archive Server.
The expanded solution is designed to offer an opportunity for the more than 4 200 current on-premise SAP Archiving by OpenText customers representing 15 million end users to access the same robust Archive solution on SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud. Running SAP HANA allows customers to process business-critical content for a faster, smarter and simpler real-time experience. These solutions are intended to also support customers running their solutions in SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud environments.
Using SAP HANA, customers will be able to:
* Access historical data within the organisations’ ECM system instantly
* Manage digital assets with a single point of management and workflow integration
* Experience the speed and power that SAP HANA delivers in the context of archiving and retrieval of content
“The ongoing strategic alliance between SAP and OpenText allows us to bring solutions to market that offer customers the tools they need for success and innovation,” said Mark Barrenechea, president and chief executive officer at OpenText. “As the first ECM provider in the market to run its core platform on SAP HANA, this partnership continues to drive breakthroughs that produce impactful and tangible results for customers.”
In addition to extending support for SAP HANA, OpenText Tempo Box will be included free of charge for all employees of customers that have SAP Extended ECM installed with 10.5 or SAP Document Access by OpenText. OpenText Tempo Box provides a tight integration into SAP Extended ECM and enables companies to afford users greater flexibility and freedom to share and work with business content across any device, while maintaining information governance and control.
With OpenText Tempo Box, customers can:
* Enjoy a simplified user experience by accessing, sharing and synchronizing their documents across PC and mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
* Keep documents more secure and attached to the business process, increase productivity
* Collaborate internally on SAP Business Objects business intelligence (BI) solution content
* Reduce corporate risks by ensuring compliance with proper management of enterprise documents
* Gain instant access to historical data within the organisations’ ECM system
“A top priority for CIOs is to address content fragmentation and the lack of governance of ungoverned file sharing,” said Rodolpho Cardenuto, president, Global Partner Operations, SAP. “Expanding SAP Extended ECM with OpenText Tempo Box will augment core capabilities that are aimed at opening content management to millions of users to help simplify the content management experience.”
Combining secure, automated capture, storage and organisation of documents with archiving, records management and imaging functionality, SAP Extended ECM by OpenText can manage content throughout its entire life cycle. The solution will be able to mitigate risk while helping to enhance productivity and information accessibility. Through this partnership, OpenText and SAP customers have made dramatic improvements across a wide range of areas that positively impact relationships with customers, employees, partners, suppliers and regulatory agencies.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- FloQast Raises $40 Million to Accelerate Adoption of Close Management Software - January 21, 2020
- SAP Joins Collective Action to Create a Cleaner Ocean by 2030 - January 21, 2020
- Softdocs and Jenzabar Partner to Bring Comprehensive Digital Records to Entire Jenzabar Community - January 21, 2020