July 16, 2018 Madison, WI ? The Gordon Flesch Company’s brand-new AskGordy application helps solve one of the thorniest problem in document management – how to make the exploding volumes of data buried in corporate Electronic Content Management platforms searchable, accessible, and more useful.
The Gordon Flesch Company, Inc., one of the nation’s leading independent providers of office technology, is proud to announce that its first, home-grown solution to make corporate data more accessible and actionable is now available. With AskGordy, GFC now delivers a solution that will deliver the power of IBM’s Watson, the world’s most mature artificial intelligence platform, and integrate it into any ECM platform. Best of all, AskGordy users can search their data sets using voice commands and have results returned to any platform, whether it is a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
Who, or what, is Gordy?
It is estimated that as much as 85 percent of all data stored in documents is not searchable and is considered “dark data.” AskGordy is the Gordon Flesch Company’s interactive Watson application for bringing dark data to light from any Electronic Content Management (ECM) and document storage repository. The application brings Watson’s Cognitive capabilities to ECM databases and services using Watson Discovery, Knowledge Studio, and other Watson APIs and addresses the barriers that have stymied others:
- Support for Multiple Import Sources – Our proprietary front-end ingestion system permits documents from any vendors to be directly processed and indexed.
- Reduce the need for Subject Matter Experts – By using speech recognition and natural language processing, Gordy can be trained to find information for any user in massive data sets much like Alexa and Google Assistant can do via the Internet.
- Scalability and Expansion – the application can process data multiple sources, even if data is expanding at high volumes.
AskGordy is the first and only cognitive system that is platform agnostic and is accessible to all users, regardless of sophistication. Each query trains the system to become smarter, thus more responsive and aware of the user’s needs and interests. In short, the system gets smarter and more powerful with each use. “We’ve been hearing from our customers that they are spending a lot of money on advanced ECM technology, but were frustrated by the fact that they were not able to get the full value of their proprietary data,” says Jeff Dotzler, Vice President of GFConsulting Group. “We were unable to find a cost effective and powerful tool to help solve that crisis, so we partnered with IBM and built it ourselves.”
The Gordon Flesch Company is thrilled to have been able to leverage the power of the Watson platform to make AskGordy possible. While some ECM vendors have promised to bring artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cognitive learning systems to their platforms, none of these systems have the depth of research behind them as found in Watson, and all of them are limited to searching documents found within their own ecosystem.
The GFConsulting group can assess the complexity of any ECM system and develop a custom integration plan to fit any organization’s needs or budget and the AskGordy interface can be customized and branded for any organization. More information on AskGordy can be found here: www.askgordy.com
About The Gordon Flesch Company
The Gordon Flesch Company is one of the largest independent providers of office technology solutions in the nation. Family-owned since 1956, the Gordon Flesch Company employs more than 600 people throughout 26 offices in the Midwest, with their corporate office in Madison, Wisconsin. They deliver unique business process expertise to solve challenging problems and achieve organizational goals. This includes integrating industry-leading software and hardware to build custom solutions that are supported by technical expertise, customer service and flexible, in-house financial services. Follow us on Twitter at @GordonFlesch.
Latest posts by News (see all)
- Global Organizations Select SAP SuccessFactors Solutions to Accelerate Culture Change and Drive Digital Transformation - February 25, 2020
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust Selects Alfresco To Modernise and Manage 3+ Million Patient Records - February 25, 2020
- Bizagi 11.2.4 Delivers Cloud Business Insights and UiPath RPA Dashboard for Enterprise Automation - February 24, 2020