LAS VEGAS — SAP SE today announced innovations across its analytics portfolio running in the cloud and on hybrid deployments as part of the SAP Leonardo digital innovation system that gives customers better insight to action across their business.The announcement was made at the SAP TechEd conference being held September 25–29 in Las Vegas.
“Our analytics portfolio helps customers better understand their business,” said Mike Flannagan, senior vice president of SAP Analytics and SAP Leonardo, SAP. “We help them plan and anticipate the future as well as simplify and transform their enterprise in the digital age. With these latest updates, we are continuing our leadership and track record of offering analytics solutions that deliver business value and innovation throughout our customers’ organizations.”
SAP Analytics Hub
Built on SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics Hub centralizes access to analytics scattered around the organization — from both SAP and third-party applications and platforms — and recommends the best analytics to fit personalized needs. Thanks to the single point of access for on-premise and cloud analytics, the unified user experience (UX) is independent of content or deployment type. Content can be documented, categorized and curated by power users, who can publish links to selected analytics and provide information for business users.
“SAP Analytics Hub gives us the opportunity to accelerate and expand growth and adoption of business intelligence and analytics across our organization,” said Rob Roemers, STIB-MIVB manager, Business Intelligence Solutions. “We are seeing renewed value from our years of investment in business intelligence by providing easy access to information that many are unaware is currently available.”
SAP Analytics Cloud
The SAP Analytics Cloud solution provides users with some of the most important analytical capabilities across an organization, enabling them to easily plan, discover, analyze and predict — all in a single, integrated cloud-based analytics solution built on SAP Cloud Platform. Innovations include:
- Enhanced data access for live connections (such as the SAP Business Warehouse application and SAP S/4HANA) that support hybrid data scenarios, allowing data to stay on premise
- Advanced smart data discovery and preparation that apply machine learning capabilities and simulate data to uncover hidden insights and guide business users with recommendations
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) to access and embed SAP Analytics Cloud content within line-of-business (LoB) applications, enabling business users to instantly act on insights within their business applications
- Planning enhancements for mass data entry, currency conversion and writeback to the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation application
- Mobile and collaboration enhancements to story viewing on a native iOS app
SAP Digital Boardroom
Built on SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Digital Boardroom equips executives, directors and operations leaders with real-time contextual information and ad hoc analysis through large, interactive touch-screen displays. This next-generation solution unifies LoB data from SAP S/4HANA and other SAP and non-SAP applications to provide a single source of data. New features include:
- New presentation builder that creates guided linear flow for meetings
- Mobile enhancements and a context-sensitive menu for better navigation and chart interaction
- Enhanced LoB and industry content for finance and procurement, travel and expenses, marketing best practices, real-time finance and planning, chemicals, insurance, mill products, higher education and research, public sector and retail
“We’re using a hybrid approach to analytics,” said Paul Sullivan, reporting analytics consolidation service delivery manager for DuluxGroup Ltd. “SAP Analytics Cloud provides us with a fantastic visualization capability that we did not have previously — stories and dashboards for managers are now easy to create and enhance, thanks to the collaborative features. There is also a self-serve capability that allows our users to create content without having to wait for IT. We have seen significant time savings using the cloud database to distribute operational reports to the sales force. By providing them with the needed sales data first thing in the morning, we enable them to have a more informed discussion with their customers.”
SAP Lumira 2.0
SAP Lumira 2.0, SAP’s data visualization software, delivers self-service data discovery for business and allows IT departments and developers to design highly scalable business intelligence (BI) applications. The new release includes new interoperability with the convergence of SAP Lumira and the former SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio, UX enhancements and improved support for SAP Business Warehouse and SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions. SAP Lumira supports SAP’s hybrid analytics strategy, allowing users to analyze both cloud and on-premise data.
“The redesign of the user interface is gorgeous,” said Jason Shearer, lead data scientist for L3 Technologies Inc. “I haven’t seen anything that pretty in the BI landscape. I’m also really excited about the possibility to combine data from multiple sources into a functioning dataset, taking it up essentially another notch to allow my business users to prototype even faster in real time.”
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP (NYSE: SAP) helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable more than 355,000 business and public sector customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably. For more information, visit www.sap.com.